CALL US FOR A FREE EVALUATION
Corporate Turnaround Related Experience
- Restructured numerous companies including those operating in Chapter XI.
- Former Chief of the Complex Asset Forfeiture unit at the US Marshals Service.
- Evaluated, provided management oversight and disposed of all operating businesses, commercial real estate and complex financial instruments seized and forfeited by the US Department of Justice due to criminal activities.
- Affiliated with Sunbelt Business Advisors, Bethesda, MD as a business intermediary in the purchase and sale of operating businesses.
- SCORE - Team leader for corporate turnarounds. Work closely with the SBA, banks, and businesses that are in need of restructuring assistance.
- Worked with Assistant US Attorneys to provide forensic fraud detection for hundreds of businesses being targeted.
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA).
- Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV).
- Started and built one of the top 100 public companies in the Washington, DC area according to the Washington Post.
- Hold an MBA in Finance from New York University.
Business Valuation Related Experience
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuations with the American Society of Appraisers.
- Member of the education committee of the International Society of Business Appraisers.
- Provide certified business valuations for merger and acquisitions, buy/sell agreements, minority stockholder interests, finance, SBA loans for community banks, partnership agreements, private equity and real estate partnerships.
- Financial Advisor to a Maryland based $3 million Events Planning Company. Worked with the owners to devise and implement a business plan to turn a $300,000 annual loss into a profitable operation.
- Provided on-site management and monitored the operations of a 1,000 acre banana plantation in Puerto Rico.
- Provided certified valuation of a 100 percent interest in the purchase of a $13 million cable TV company in Virginia.
- Valued and conducted management oversight of a $70 million hotel in Westchester County, NY.
- Implemented turnaround strategy to the U.S. Department of Justice and provided management oversight of a $100 million card casino in Los Angeles.
- Provided a certified valuation and assisted management in restructuring a management consulting temporary and permanent placement company in Maryland.
- Brought in outside management, identified expense reductions and sold a privately owned prison in Louisiana.
- Restructured, hired new management, and monitored the daily operations of the largest waste management company in Connecticut.
- Worked closely with the owners over a 7 year period to reduce expenses, restructure operations and assist in The turnaround of a $120 million supermarket chain in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Implemented expense reductions, hired new management, and provided management oversight of a $10 million gas station in Puerto Rico.
- Successfully guided two companies through a Chapter XI reorganization.
- Implemented restructuring procedures and provided management oversight of a twelve store $210 million Hispanic supermarket chain in Los Angeles. Negotiated with a private equity group to sell the chain in a $40 million transaction.
- Valued, and arranged the sale of a five store pharmacy chain in Michigan.
- Valued and sold a $1.1 million Gold’s Gym to a public company.
- Valued a 100 percent interest in the purchase of a Chapter XI supermarket as part of an SBA guaranteed loan.
- Served as an expert witness in an IRS case to support the valuation of a $45 million furniture company.
- Provide business development and task order opportunities for a $750 million Asset Forfeiture contract.